Since October 2001 I have been involved in numerous natural language processing (NLP) projects, including attempting to gain a PhD in NLP. This section of the site gives access to some of the research I have undertaken over the years as well as other related items.
The main points of interest are the research areas in which I have been active and the publications this research has resulted in.
- Academic Publications
- An exhaustive list of the publications in which I have been involved through the NLP research I have undertaken.
- Talks and Posters
- On occasions I've given talks or produced a poster which was not directly related to a publication. If you're looking for slides used to present a paper then these can be found along with the actual publication.
- Question Answering (PhD Research)
- This contains all my research related to my PhD thesis on open-domain question answering
- NLP Software
- Some NLP software I've developed which isn't directly related to my research into Question Answering. This includes a number of GATE processing resources such as the Noun Phrase Chunker.
- RESuLT Project
- This is a EPSRC funded research project into unsupervised methods for event extraction on which I am currently employed as a research associate.
The following, while not exactly research, are none the less useful or interesting to any researcher working in natural language processing.
- See the World via Conferences
- This section lists the conferences I have been lucky enough to visit while researching NLP. As well as giving details of the conferences I will also give details of the wonderful cities visited on these trips.
- Recommended NLP Textbooks
- This section lists some NLP related textbooks that I have found useful and would recommend to anyone wanting to gain good a grounding in NLP.
- Useful Links
- This section includes links to all the WWW resources that I have found useful in some way.