Some recent papers
Agent-based modelling of biological systems
1. How ants use geometry to find their way home, NATURE, VOL 432, 16 DECEMBER 2004
2. How wounds in skin heal. Royal Society Interface Journal, (2007) 4, 10771092
4. The role of actin filaments in the NFkappa-B pathway PLOSOne 3(6): e2367 (2008)
5. A survey of agent-based modelling using FLAME - Scientiae Mathematicae Japonicae Online, e-2006, 765778
6. . NATURE, Vol 438, 24 November 2005
7. Spatial and temporal variation in pheromone composition of ant foraging trails BEHAVIORAL ECOLOGY 18 (2): 444-450 MAR-APR 2007
8. An integrated agent-mathematical model of the effect of intercellular signalling via the epidermal growth factor receptor on cell proliferation JOURNAL OF THEORETICAL BIOLOGY 242 (3): 774-789 OCT 7 2006
9. ANIMAL BEHAVIOUR 71: 351-359 Part 2 FEB 2006
10. Framework definition EPITHELIOME project. This describes how to build biological models using the FLAME framework
11. Validation and discovery from computational models BioSystems Volume 93, Issues 1-2, July-August 2008, Pages 141-150
Tao Sun. Phil McMinn, Mike Holcombe, Rod Smallwood, Sheila MacNeil. PLOS-0ne
Agent-based modelling of economic systems
1. Framework definition EURACE project. This describes how to build economics models using the FLAME framework.
1. Automated Discovery of State Transitions and their Functions in Source Code, Software Testing, Verification and Reliability (to appear vol. 18(2), 2008)
2. Reverse Engineering State Machines by Interactive Grammar Inference, 14th IEEE Working Conference on Reverse Engineering (WCRE'07)
Identifying State Transitions and their
Functions in Source Code, 1st IEEE Testing Academia & Industrial
Conference (TAIC PART'06), Windsor, August 2006
4. X-machine testing. Formal Aspects of Computing (2006) 18: 330
5. Hybridizing evolutionary testing with the chaining approach. LECT NOTES COMPUT SC 3103: 1363-1374 2004
Empirical software engineering and agile development.
1. The Impact of an Agile Methodology on the Well Being of Development Teams. Empirical Software Engineering, 11(1), 143-167.
2. A Formal Experiment Comparing Extreme Programming with Traditional Software Construction. In the Proceedings of the Fourth Mexican International Conference on Computer Science (ENC 2003). Tlaxcala, Mιxico, 73-80. Sep. 8-12, 2003.
5. Empirical investigation towards the effectiveness of Test First programming, Liang Huang *, Mike Holcombe, Information and Software Technology 51 (2009)
Karn; S. Syed-Abdullah; A. J. Cowling; M. Holcombe, Behaviour & Information Technology,26:2,99 111, J. S.